Sunday 1 June 2014

I need to get me some Parisian Attitude!


Lou says that she might not be able to find her way home but she has more street smarts in her little finger than I'll ever have. She is the bold one who saves seats on buses and refuses to give them to anyone else until I get there. No way did she she get sucked in by the gypsies at the Sacre Coer (I did, and it cost me €15). No way does anyone cut in front of us in the queue, because Lou stands her ground. Whilst I am still saying excuse me, and stepping back to let pushy people through, Lou has what our tour guide for the Eiffel Tower yesterday called "Parisian Attitude". She stands up for us both, determined not to give way to pushy tourists with a sense of entitlement or to locals who see us easy targets. Without her, I would be peniless and at the back of the line. 


This is the gypsy who got my generous donation today. She was not happy to have her photo taken after taking my money.  I need some of that 'Parisian Attitude' ASAP. Oh, and guess who took the photo and gave her what for? Yep, Lou!




No comments:

Post a Comment