Saturday 31 May 2014

Conquering Fears

Today was all about conquering fears. Well, yesterday for both Lou and I ( fear of being in a tunnel with no way out for 20 mins) and just me, today , with my fear of heights.
The tunnel was easy for me - I slept through it. Like a bad bachelors party, I went to sleep in England and woke up in France. Dodging a bullet really. Lou, on the other hand, challenged her fear and won. Bravo!
Today, The Iron Lady. Grandmother of the French. Le Eiffel Tower.
I have been scared of heights, and steps with gaps in them, forever. I don't like lifts, and my feet sweat when people in movies are at the edge of the roof. I knew today was going to be tough. But this was the one thing on Lou's Bucket List for Paris and I did not want to disappoint. My feet still sweated, my heart still raced, I still felt a little sick, but I got it done. 


Second level only, not the top, We were going to go to the top but the queue was already a couple of hours long and we had so much more we wanted to do today. 
Fear, conquered. At least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment