Saturday 7 June 2014

Farewell Amsterdam!

Have you heard the joke about the two Aussie girls and the Amsterdam Canals? No? That's because there is NOTHING funny about two Aussie girls trying to find their way home over the Amsterdam Canals! They drove us insane today. We trudged at least 5 km extra because we didn't recognise the Prinsengraght and couldn't follow the google map route directions. My head wants to go out and enjoy  Amsterdam at night but my feet have not yet forgiven me for our error this afternoon.
Highlight of the past three days? For Lou, definitely Anne Frank Huis, very moving and a tick off her bucket list. For me, probably the flowers and the summery feel to the city and the cheese - yum! 
So now, just when I have learned my Speculaas from my Stroopwaffels, my Patatjie Met from my Patajie Oorlog and my Biterballen from my Kroket AND have gotten used to cake and sprinkles for breakfast, it's time to move on. See you again, Amsterdam, you are way too beautiful not to come back and visit again!





2 comments: