Thursday 26 June 2014

At Sea, Day we don't know and we don't care!

I did the bravest thing I've done on the ship today. Braver than walking the sky walk on Deck 17.
I went to the Spa ( tenderly known as the  Lotus Beauty and Wellness Centre) on an AT SEA day.
It was brave on a number of Levels.
1) it is on Deck 5, and there is a slight swell, so you feel the boat rock more than you do in the cabin. 
2). It is formal night tonight, so ladies were desperate to get their glam on today. Can't believe that people are actually wearing corsages!
3) Those who know me well know I rarely even wear makeup, so a spa is the final frontier as far as I am concerned.
I learned that I don't exfoliate enough. My eyes aren't just baggy from age- they are full of toxins. My cuticles should be 'oiled' every night. It's never too late to start fixing your flaws. 
But I had one beauty treatment (sort of) up my sleeve: nails that change colour when they are cold! No one in the spa had seen them and so my hand was paraded, viewed, admired and even envied. Just goes to show that if you are brave enough to venture into a new world, there will be things you have that others will learn from. 
Lou was braver still. She tackled the 50% off jewellery sale in the Plaza on Level 7. It was everyone for themselves, do or die, knock down drag em out fight to even get to the counter, and then she had to duck and weave to check out the items on display. Groups of women worked in teams to hold poll position at the front of the queue, but with ten minutes to go before closing Lou managed to hustle her way to the front (I think I might have been shouting directions and pushing from behind) and she was able to achieve her goal. Just goes to show that with determination and persistence, you can be successful against the odds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment