Saturday 17 May 2014

Bon Voyage Car Party

We have a new tradition in 2014 - The Car Party. Special events are celebrated on the road to work and so far we have had a birthday celebration and a baby shower. On Friday, we had our first (but I'm sure not the last) Bon Voyage party. I heard them coming before I saw them. To some rather loud music a smiling lass waved a baguette and a bottle of champagne through the sunroof, and when the car pulled alongside the kerb, and I opened the door....Voila! A fabulous chauffeur with an espresso to go!
     

Flags from every European country adorned the roof, and delicious breakfast of croissants, fromage and eclairs were ready to be served by a gentleman in a classy black beret.We had not driven more than three kilometres when we slowed, and to my surprise, a VERY pregnant English rose was waiting to wave the Union Jack proudly in one hand whilst demonstrating the royal wave in the other. You were there with us all the way in spirit, Bex!


We continued to the gentle strains of the "Learn to Speak German" and it took us at least 20 kilometres to master the phrase 'Kaffee mit Milch und Zucker bitte'. Thank heavens I only feed my addiction once a day! Games, including the testing "Do You Know Where You're Going to?" map, and a challenging Q and A about Europe made sure the start to my last day at work was an awesome one. I am blessed to have friends an co-workers like these. Thanks to Claire, Cedric, Bex, Garry and Kate, I will miss you, but remember:
Cuando el ratón está ausente el gato no debe jugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment