Wednesday 2 July 2014

Gaudi = Genius

When I was younger I was a huge Alan Parsons fan. He was famous for his concept prog rock albums and one I loved was about Antonio Gaudi, an architect from Barcelona. The music sparked a life long desire to visit La Sagrada Familia, so it's one if the reasons Steve and I came to Barcelona in 2010. We saw Gaudi's work: La Pedretta, Casa Batlo, but it was a public holiday in Spain and the queues were four deep around the church and we did not get inside.
Yesterday, I went inside.
Looks like I'm coming back to Barcelona again, because Steve will want to see the inside too. Like a forest, the pillars reach toward the light and what I loved was that whilst full of symbolism, it is a space where people from many religions could come and be at peace. I'll let the pictures tell thousands of words.





For those who haven't seen La Sagrada Familia, you must. For those who have, hope the photos bring the magic back.
Gaudi. 1852 - 1926



No comments:

Post a Comment